Accessible Media Production capstone projects - In the News
Students in the Accessible Media Production graduate certificate program featured their applied research projects this week in a showcase event.
Each presenting student worked with their industry partner to identify an accessibility problem and through an evidence-based and inclusive approach, created an accessible media solution.
One of the students, Rachel Brown, was featured in a broadcast and podcast by Accessible Media Inc., discussing her creative way to raise awareness for accessibility in the blind and partially sighted community.
The involved students and their research partners are listed below.
- Kevin Woo, UbiSoft, Accessibility at UbiSoft
- Brittany Donovan, Mohawk College, Career Pathways program
- Michelle Barr, McMaster University, Student Accessibility Services
- Ryan Molinaro, The City of Woodstock
- Celine Mak, Mohawk College, Library
- Katie Holtzhauer Pembleton, Mohawk College, Deaf Empowerment Program
- Kristen Mommertz, CityLAB Hamilton
- Jenny Hiseler, Built Environment Community
- Nick Hilton, City of Hamilton, Transit (HSR)
- Diana Zanin, Lakeshore Media Services
- Rachel Brown, Accessible Media Inc. (AMI)
- Ryan Joslin, CIRA Grant, Websites for All: The Inclusive Web Project
- Ashley Fink, Dyer & Duman Designs