Canada Day Closure
This year Canada Day (July 1, 2023) falls on a weekend. As result, Mohawk College will observe the statutory holiday on Friday June 30, 2023 and the college will be closed.
Entitlements and additional details for specific employee groups are outlined below:
FT Academic, FT Support and FT Administrative Employees
Employees will be paid their regular salary. No action is required on leave reports.
FT Support - Working on Holidays
As per Article 10.5 Working on Holidays, authorized work performed on a holiday or during the holiday period as defined in Article 10.1 and Article 10.2 (or on the day designated as such under Article 10.4) shall be paid at time and one-half for all hours worked. In addition, the employee shall be entitled to holiday pay in accordance with Article 10.1 and Article 10.2 and subject to Article 10.3.
Employees who are authorized to work during this timeframe, will need to complete and submit to Payroll Services:
· Overtime – submit a “Full-Time Support Staff Overtime Form (PDF)” form for all overtime hours worked on June 30, 2023.
· Public Holiday – submit a “Full-Time Staff Compensation for Working on a Public Holiday Form (PDF)” form for overtime hours worked on June 30, 2023 in addition to the “Support Staff Overtime Payment Form”.
· Shift Premium – submit a “Full-Time Support Staff Shift Premium Form (PDF)” form for all shifts eligible for a shift premium.
· On-Call – submit a “Full-Time Support Staff On Call Form (downloads document)” form for all on call hours.
In order to facilitate expedient payments for work completed, it is expected that approved forms be submitted to Payroll Services by July 11, 2023.
PT Support Staff
As per Article 13 of the PT Support Staff Collective Agreement employees will receive their regular rate of pay for June 30, 2023. If you are normally scheduled to work on June 30, 2023, please record your regularly scheduled hours in your timesheet for this day.
Part-Time Support Staff who are not to be scheduled to work, all public holiday time for part-time support staff employees will be calculated and recorded in their timesheet by Payroll Services.
Working on Holidays
Employees who are required to work June 30, 2023, will be paid at a rate of time and one half for all hours worked. In addition, the employee shall be entitled to public holiday pay outlined above.
· Part time employees should not enter time working into the online timesheet for this period. Instead, they will be required to submit a “Part-Time Support Staff Overtime (PDF)” form to Payroll Services for hours worked during the Holiday Closure, and these will be paid at a rate of time and one half. Please submit the approved form to Payroll Services by July 9, 2023.
PT Academic, Appendix D, PT Administrative & Coop Employees
If you have an active employment contract as of June 30, 2023 you will enter your regularly scheduled hours into the online timesheet for June 30, 2023.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Human Resources Strategic Partner.
Please see Part-Time Payroll Schedule and Deadlines Employee for important payroll deadlines.
If you require this material in an accessible format or with communication supports, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com