IT Notification – Upcoming Systems Tests and Temporary Outages
Mohawk College’s Information Technology Services team will be conducting a series of tests in October. These tests are completed annually and are part of the college’s commitment to ensuring our IT systems are robust and resilient should an unexpected outage take place.
1. Network Fail-over Test – Friday, October 13th
- Length of outage: 10 pm to Midnight
- Reason for the test: IT Operations conducts a Network Fail-over Test annually in October.
- Services impacted: On-campus internet services will be unavailable during the test. Some services may also be temporarily inaccessible from off campus including Staff and Student VPN connectivity. Internet service at the Student Residence will remain available during the test.
2. Banner Data Recovery Test - Friday, October 20th
- Length of outage: 10 pm Friday until 3pm Saturday Afternoon (limited outages possible until Sunday morning)
- Reason for the test: IT Operations performs a Data Centre failover, testing redundancy annually in October.
- Services impacted: Banner and its associated systems will be unavailable during the test. These systems include the following:
- Post-Secondary, Continuing Education and Apprenticeship Registration Self Service
- Online payments
- Career Ready
- Expense Claims
- Phone Directory
- Electronic Timesheets
- Course Outlines
- Student Assessment Booking
- My Applicant Status (MAS)
- Transcript Request Form
- Oracle Data Store (ODS) - Cognos
- Core Cashiering
- Banner Document Management (BDM)
- Banner Communication Management (BCM)
- The following systems will remain available during the test:
- WiFi (wireless network)
- Aims (parking system)
- TPHi (scheduling system)
- College Website - mohawkcollege.ca
- ONE Card
If you experience any issues following either test, please contact the Service Desk at email@example.com.