MCREB Members Needed
We are very eager to have additional Mohawk members join the Mohawk College Research Ethics Board (MCREB). This is a voluntary position that provides significant support to research at Mohawk College.
What are REBs?
REBs are committees put in place by an institution to review all research involving human participants according to the Tri-Council Policy Statement on Ethics in Human Research. The Mohawk College REB (MCREB) consists of faculty and staff representatives with research expertise in different areas.
Volunteers will have some expertise in research disciplines, fields and methodologies and work at Mohawk College on a part-time or full-time basis. The REB member cannot hold positions as senior administrators at the college as per TCPS2 policy.
Preference will be given to those with experience in:
- statistics and quantitative methodology.
- data security/technology. This position can be on an adhoc basis.
- Provide timely review/feedback of applications on a monthly basis
- Meeting preparation time is estimated to be 2 to 3 hours per month. In months where a meeting is not warranted, this time may be spent on delegated review of minimal risk studies.
- You should be comfortable using email and reading documents online.
- Meetings are held monthly from 4:30 – 6:30pm at the Fennel campus when possible or through the use of an online video conferencing platform.
- You will contribute to advancing research
- You will be providing a valuable service to the College and your community
- You will be part of an interesting group and meet interesting people
- You will discuss current research projects being undertaken by College and University researchers
Interested? Please forward your resume, highlighting your areas of research expertise and research ethics experience, to email@example.com.