Mohawk College Holiday Closure - Access to the College
Mohawk College will be CLOSED from December 23st until normal opening hours on Monday January 2, 2023.
What to expect during this period:
· All exterior building entrances will be locked and access to the college is restricted.
· Parking lots and exterior walking areas may not be maintained to operational standards.
· Heat and utilities will be restricted within the college buildings.
Who can access the college?
· Employees/students to retrieve emergency items only, through Security Services.
· Employees conducting critical work that cannot be otherwise scheduled. This request must have written pre-approval, by their manager, to Security Services confirming they are in compliance with the Working Alone Policy. The Senior Leadership Team member must be copied to confirm that this work is absolutely necessary during this closure.
· Pre-approved contractors with written documentation to Security Services conducting essential work.
Any persons requiring access to the college MUST contact Security Services to gain access to the building to sign in and then sign out when they leave the building. All pre-approval requests are to be submitted no later than December 22.
Security Services will be on duty 24 hours a day. The team can be reached by any of the following:
· Blue light assistance phones in parking lots
· Intercoms at entrance doors
McMaster Security Services for IAHS can be reached at: 905-525-9140 ext. 24281
If you have any questions about accessing campus during this holiday closure, please contact Catherine O’Donnell, Director Security Services at 905-575-2367
Thanks for your assistance in keeping the college safe and secure.
Security Services wishes all a safe and happy seasonal break