Mohawk releases first college-wide Action Plan focused on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The EDI Action Plan is the result of a year-long process of research, consultation and collaboration between departments and individuals at all levels of the organization. Based on the college's five EDI commitments, the action plan builds on Mohawk's successes to date and contains specific activities leading to outcomes that can be measured and verified over time.
Some of the activities the college will be undertaking as part of this plan include:
- Launching five internal task forces of underrepresented groups to identify barriers and gaps to participation and representation. Task force membership will be determined by Summer 2021.
- Establishing an EDI Advisory Committee, including staff, students and community representatives. Committee to launch Summer 2021.
- Developing an EDI framework and corresponding equity lens to be used to identify, address and eliminate biases in policies, programs, services and opportunities. Consultations on the framework to begin Spring/Summer 2021.
- Completing an internal AODA audit by Fall 2021 to ensure fulfillment of all accessibility requirements. The action plan for addressing the audit findings is to be ready Winter 2022.
- Completing an employee demographic survey to establish baseline data to set future goals and measures. The survey will be completed every two years thereafter.
The EDI Action Plan is available at the link below. In addition to the college-wide plan, each Vice President will be establishing divisional EDI sub-committees that will be setting the priorities specific to the Academic, Corporate Services and Student, International and Alumni divisions and will report to the EDI Steering Committee. More details on these committees, including the terms of reference will be shared in the coming weeks.
Mohawk College’s EDI Action Plan – https://issuu.com/mohawkcollege/docs/mohawk_college_equity_diversity_inclusion_action_p
Mohawk College’s EDI website – https://www.mohawkcollege.ca/equity-diversity-and-inclusion