Mohawk to host additive manufacturing conference for Canadian manufacturers
May’s 3D in Action to help industry explore and adopt 3D Printing.
An upcoming virtual conference hosted by Mohawk College is designed to help companies accelerate the usage of Additive Manufacturing and 3D printing for Canadian manufacturers.
3D in Action, organized by Mohawk’s Additive Manufacturing Innovation Centre (AMIC) in partnership with the Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters (CME), will be held virtually on May 18 & 19, 2021. Registration is free.
The conference will help attendees overcome three key barriers to adopting additive manufacturing:
- Understanding the different types of additive technologies available to Canadians;
- Discovering when it makes sense to use additive manufacturing as opposed to conventional manufacturing;
- Exploring the value proposition of additive and funding opportunities.
Industry experts have pointed to how the uptake of additive manufacturing in Canada is still slow, lagging behind adoption in the US and Europe. Simon Coulson, General Manager of AMIC, sees 3D in Action as a resource for companies looking to adopt the technology for the first time.
“Certainly 3D Printing allows for the creation of some amazing and innovative solutions,” says Coulson. “But when that’s all you see featured at conferences, it’s easy to forget the day-to-day uses for additive within an assembly facility or machine shop.”
Highlights of the two-day virtual conference include:
- Three keynote presentations and 14 different sessions, delivered by 25 speakers.
- A comprehensive introduction to the leading equipment and additive manufacturing processes.
- A snapshot of different Canadian use cases, designed to showcase the full range of possibilities for manufacturers.
- Resources and funding information about how to invest in additive featuring experts from Deloitte, NRC-IRAP, NGen and Ontario Centre of Innovation.
Featured speakers include experts from General Motors, EOS, University of Waterloo, Formlabs, Creaform, Desktop Metal, Ontario Centre of Innovation, NGen Canada, Evolv3D Labs, Canadian Additive Manufacturing Solutions, Machine Tool Systems Inc., Deloitte, NRC IRAP, Markforged, HP, IDEAWORKS at Mohawk College, Burloak Technologies, Precision ADM, Central Orthotic Lab, Designfusion and Proto 3000.
The event is being organized in partnership with CME and sponsored by NSERC. Event supporters include the City of Hamilton Economic Development, SONAMI Ontario, CAD MicroSolutions, Trillium Network for Advanced Manufacturing, NRC IRAP, Designfusion and Proto 3000.