Power Outage and Data Centre Maintenance – July 8-10, 2022
All Facilities/Buildings at the Mohawk College Fennell Campus will be closed from Friday, July 8, 2021, at 10 pm to Sunday, July 10, 2022, at 7 pm due to a Fennell campus power outage and work on the Data Centre.
All IT systems will be unavailable with the exception of the college website (www.mohawkcollege.ca) during this scheduled outage.
MyMohawk, MyCanvas, and Mohawk webmail will not accessible during the shutdown. Please ensure you save files needed during this timeframe to your local drive.
We would request that students and staff save their files needed to their local drive during this timeframe.
During this time, only essential contractors and employees related to this work will be permitted on Fennell Campus.
If you work on campus regularly, to prepare for the shutdown, we ask that you please complete the following:
- Ensure all open electronic documents are saved
- Power off your computer, monitor(s) and printer (if you have one).
- Turn off all lights, including task lights such as lamps and desk lighting. If you are the last person to leave your office area, turn off the overhead lights.
- If you have a small fridge, remove contents, turn off the fridge and unplug it, leaving the door open.
- If you have a fan/and or heater, please turn it off.
- Switch off power bars, where possible.
Questions? Please contact the following:
Security-related: Catherine O’Donnell, Director, Security Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facility-related: Ed Cipriani at email@example.com