St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton to open COVID-19 Testing Centre at Mohawk College
Beginning Friday, October 23, 2020, the N Wing at Mohawk College’s Fennell campus will become the new location for a COVID-19 Testing Centre operated by St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton. The Mohawk College location will be in addition to the Public Health Testing Centres already available throughout Hamilton and will be staffed by St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton.
Here is what you need to know about the new St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton COVID-19 Testing Centre at the Fennell Campus:
- The N Wing was chosen because it is self-contained and physically separated from the main campus building. See attached map for location.
- Parking for the St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton COVID-19 Testing Centre will be restricted to the P4 lot (directly across from the N Wing opposite the David Braley Athletic and Recreation Centre). P4 will be off limits to students and employees for as long as the Testing Centre remains open.
- No one from the St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton COVID-19 Testing Centre will be permitted access to Mohawk’s main campus buildings. St. Joseph’s Healthcare will be installing temporary signage to direct the public to the N Wing location.
- Access to the St. Joseph's Centre is by appointment only. The location is expected to accommodate from 400-500 appointments daily. It will operate on a daytime schedule to include weekends. Please refer to Hamilton Public Health’s Testing Centre webpage for testing centre locations, hours of operation and instructions on how to book an appointment.
- Mohawk College is not providing tests and is not involved in the day-to-day operations of the St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton COVID-19 Testing Centre.
- Access to the N Wing building is to be controlled by St. Joseph’s Healthcare. The building will be off limits to students and employees for as long as the centre remains open. Employees with offices in N Wing have been notified and arrangements made for the removal or storage or personal items and college equipment.
Mohawk College is proud to support our local healthcare providers in the fight against COVID-19. We understand that you may have questions and we want to assure you that we take your safety very seriously. You can find college information, updates and support contacts related to COVID-19 by visiting: mohawkcollege.ca/covid-19-coronavirus.
Remember, the health and safety of our campus and the broader Hamilton community is a shared responsibility. By following the direction of Public Health authorities and adhering to safety protocols on campus, at placements and in the community, we can all do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Please continue to assess your health daily and, if you are visiting a Mohawk College campus, respond to the assessment questions honestly on your Mohawk Safety app as part of the entry process. If you are feeling ill, stay home and consult a physician.
Keep yourself and those around you safe:
- Keep your distance from others.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Wear a non-medical mask when in indoor public places and any time physical distancing is not possible.
- Get tested if you think you have been exposed to the virus.
All members of the college community are expected to do their part in keeping our community safe.
Recognize your role. Follow the rules. Stay safe.