Testing Centre Update for Faculty
The Testing Centre is responsible for accommodating on-site and virtual testing. To better support students and faculty, the Testing Centre has implemented some changes for fall 2022 semester.
Accessible Learning Services (ALS) and the Testing Centre implemented an online portal to securely and efficiently manage Accommodation Letters and Test Bookings for students with accommodations. Accommodate helps streamline the process for faculty of receiving Accommodation Letters and processing testing requests.
Process for Faculty:
- It is helpful to send a reminder to either all students or those who have an Accommodation Letter that if they require testing accommodations for an upcoming test, to submit a request through their Accommodate portal.
- Students must book tests and exams at least 7 days in advance.
- Unless they are provided with faculty permission, students must book their tests and exams on the same date and same time as their class.
- Instructions for students: https://www.mohawkcollege.ca/student-testing
- Faculty will receive an email informing them their student has booked their tests.
- Faculty are provided the link to the Accommodate portal where they can submit the test and testing information
Missed and Makeup Testing (New Procedure)
We recognize the need for missed and makeup testing has increased with students returning to campus therefore, the Testing Centre has reinstated the Missed and Makeup testing service with enhancements in order to adequately staff and manage requests.
Process for Faculty:
- Faculty schedule and upload their Missed and Makeup tests through an online webform. For more information and to access the booking webform, please visit the Testing Centre website: https://www.mohawkcollege.ca/mmtesting.
- Students will no longer be required to wait for a seat or asked to return as testing dates and times will be pre-booked by faculty.
- This will permit us to align with many programs’ hybrid delivery, as tests can be administered either in-person or online.
- Students writing with their accommodations must book all tests (including missed tests) through the Accommodate portal so all their accommodations are in place.
- Missed or Makeup testing opportunities will be available at the Stoney Creek and IAHS campuses.
For additional information or questions, contact email@example.com