Unified Communications Project Update
Unified Communications (UC) Project Update
Mohawk College is adopting Microsoft Teams as our Unified Communications (UC) platform. Microsoft Teams will become the primary collaboration tool for the college, replacing Skype for Business (Lync) as the go-to tool for instant messaging, voice and video calling and meetings.
The move to Microsoft Teams is part of the Unified Communications (UC) project, which aims to standardize and integrate services such as instant messaging, voice and video calling, virtual meetings and classrooms, team collaboration channels, content sharing and more.
Please visit the Information Technology Services Website for additional information about the project including Frequently Asked Questions, Employee Guides, Microsoft Teams resources and more.
Pilot Project Update
- To date, 116 employees have been migrated to Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365 as part of a pilot project.
- The pilot project helped test different scenarios, develop training and support resources, and improve the employee experience.
- The pilot project will conclude in August as we prepare for a broad roll out in the Fall.
Microsoft Teams Training
A variety of training sessions and resources are available to employees.
- Facilitator-led sessions (virtual): Visit the Events calendar in MyLearning for the most current offering of sessions and to register.
o Introduction to Microsoft Teams (for beginners) – 5 offerings
o Microsoft Teams Tips and Tricks (for intermediate users) – 2 offerings
- Online self-led training:
· Search for “Microsoft Teams” using the Learning Search in MyLearning to access training videos (For beginners and intermediate users)
· Check out the Digital Skills Toolkit – Teams Guide available to staff and students with helpful tutorials and resources (For beginners)
· Learn with Microsoft Training – For intermediate and advanced users
- Department specific workshops: Custom workshops can be offered to departments on request.
Be an Insider. This project is supported by the Enterprise Systems Strategy (ESS). Visit ESS on MyMohawk for status updates and to learn about other projects and initiatives.