Campus Student Employment Program
The Campus Student Employment Program (CSEP) provides funding to connect students with meaningful work opportunities on campus. We have begun to accept Requests for Positions for Spring 2023.
Feedback from students about the program has been really positive including this anonymous student comment saying “this kind of job position is a really good opportunity for students to apply concepts and develop skills in the field.”
Position Requests and Applications
When considering a position, and position description, consider how the work provides students with a unique learning opportunity, while differentiating the position from roles already in place across the college.
- All CSEP positions will be posted online in CareerReady.
- For Spring 2023
- Positions will be part time up to 15 hours per week
- Open to students studying in Spring 2023, or expected to return in Fall 2023
- Program dates: May 23 to August 31, 2023
- Human Resources will review and approve all student position requests before the positions are approved, posted, and filled.
Student Eligibility and Process
- We anticipate opening applications to students in mid-April 2023
- To be eligible, students must:
- Registered in a full-time post-secondary program or a continuing education diploma or certificate program
- Complete the Financial Assistance Profile and demonstrate financial need (Mandatory)
- Be in good academic standing
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN), and
- Have a valid work permit (International students only)
- Continuing Education students must be registered full-time in a certificate or diploma program and be in good academic standing.
- If a student drops to part-time status or withdraws at any time in the semester, they will no longer qualify to work in the semester.
- Second Career and part-time students are not eligible for CSEP-funded position.
Resume & Interview Prep
It is highly recommended that students consider completing the Future Ready Premium Program Micro Certificate, through Student and Graduate Employment, to help with resume review, cover letter prep, and interview skills. Students can visit the Student and Graduate Employment website to learn more.
- Hourly wage is based on the Part-Time Collective Agreement Pay scale
- CSEP positions are funded through Tuition Set Aside (TSA) dollars. We adhere to the Ministry’s directive on TSA funding
- Hiring Managers must adhere to the processes and guidelines outlined in the Hiring Manager Process posted on the CSEP website.
- Students must be managed by Administrative staff.
To submit your position request visit the CSEP website.
If there are any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.