Filming on campus – July and August
Mohawk College will be hosting the filming of a new CBC Kids K-Pop TV series titled Gangnam Project at the Fennell campus this summer. Shooting for the series will start on Friday, July 21 and continue until Friday, August 25.
The Fennell campus will feature prominently in the live-action tween series that follows a young biracial Korean-American woman who travels to Korea to teach English to kindergarten students but is accidentally assigned to an elite K-pop training school instead. The series was created by Korean-born Canadian Sarah Haasz through her Toronto-based production company Pillango Productions in partnership with CBC Kids.
Details about the filming:
- The series will be shot in various locations on campus between July 21 and August 25.
- Most filming will take place in designated locations with minimal impact on-campus activities.
- If public spaces on campus are impacted, these details will be communicated in advance, including signage to let everyone know what is happening and when.
- As with other film shoots that have taken place on campus, some spaces may be “dressed” or modified for the purposes of the shoot. This may include temporarily rebranding spaces or food service locations and temporarily installing of Korean-themed artwork, signage and posters.
- No K-pop stars will be taking part in the filming. (Sorry to all of the K-pop fans out there.)
If you have questions, please contact Danielle Ambrosio, Manager, Conference & Theatre Services at email@example.com.
Conference & Theatre Services