Health & Safety Moment - Home Safety
Sadly, injuries are the main cause of death for young children. What's dangerous depends on a child's age and abilities.
Safety during an emergency:
Be prepared to take care of yourself and your family for a minimum of 72 hours during an emergency.
• Develop an emergency plan and follow it.
• Have an emergency kit on hand.
• Make sure you are safe before assisting others.
• Listen to the radio or television for information from local officials and follow their instructions.
• Stay put until all is safe or until you are ordered to evacuate.
Safety at home:
• Eliminate any slip and trip hazards.
• Don’t overreach when on a ladder.
• Minimize possible electrical exposures.
• Teach your family to identify hazards.
• Learn basic first aid and CPR.