Important information for employees returning to campus this September
Mohawk College is looking forward to welcoming students and employees back to campus this September. Currently, access to all campus buildings remains limited to students who are required to be on campus for in-person training, and employees who are required for the delivery of academic programs or campus services.
If you are an employee who has been identified to be on campus, please review the information below and ensure that any requirements are met before you come to campus:
- Employees returning to campus must complete the updated Return to Campus online Training Module. This training will take approximately 25-30 minutes to complete. Please note: if you were already approved to be on campus as part of the July return to campus, you are still required to complete this updated version prior to being admitted to any Mohawk College campus. This training will become effective September 1, 2020. Training must be completed by September 11, 2020. After this date, employees who have not completed the training will not be permitted to enter the campus. The training will remain available to employees throughout the Fall semester, and must be completed at minimum, 24 hours prior to arriving and checking in with security.. Please visit Working At Mohawk to access the training.
- Anyone coming to campus must complete the daily screening questionnaire before you arrive EACH day. This questionnaire is available on the Mohawk Safety App under the COVID-19 section.
- If you are ill or have come into contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not come on campus. If you have tested positive for Covid-19 or have had symptoms that are consistent with COVID-19 complete this online COVID-19 Self Disclosure Form
- New for the fall semester, employees and students who are required to come to campus will need to use their ONE Card to access campus. The ONE card will confirm that you are approved to be on campus. When you tap your ONE card at the security desk you are also confirming that you have completed and passed the Daily Health Screening questionnaire. Employees who are new to the college and need a ONE Card may submit a photo online. If you need to replace your ONE Card, submit the ONE Card Replacement Request Form online. Once you have submitted your request you will be contacted to arrange curb-side pickup of the new card. If you have any questions, please email the ONE Card office at email@example.com
For more information please refer to the Campus Re-opening section of the college's website.
Procedure to Enter Campus
Upon entering the campus building, you will pass through a Mohawk Security Screening Desk.
- Please complete the Health Screening Questionnaire on the Mohawk Safety App each day you are scheduled to come to campus.
- Please put on your mask/face covering before entering the building. Please see the Health Protocols for more information on mask requirements.
- Clean your hands using the sanitizer provided.
- You will be required to tap your Mohawk ONE card, confirming you have completed the health screening for that date. See Campus Services for information on obtaining a ONE card.
- You will receive a wristband once you complete the screening protocol with security. With this wristband you are free to enter and exit the campus as required for that day.
To ensure the health and safety of everyone on campus a small number of entrances have been designated for each campus. Mohawk College Security will have Health Screening Checkpoints established at these entrances. Please refer to this page on the Campus Re-opening website for the entrances available at your campuses. (Please note that the maps linked from this page are being updated with the new information and may not yet be available to view.)