Information Technology Services Updates
Symplicity Virtual Career Fair Platform
The Mohawk College Information Technology Services Department is pleased to announce the implementation and release of the Symplicity Virtual Career Fair software platform for the Student Success Initiatives department.
The new virtual career fair platform empowers students, faculty and employers with a modern and flexible platform that seamlessly integrates with the College’s Student Information System and enhances the career readiness experience by providing options for onsite, hybrid or fully online engagements.
Features and Benefits:
- Online Queue: Students can join queues to engage in one-on-one video calls with employers
- Platform compatibility: supports various online communication platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom and WebEx.
- Career Fair Transparency: Students can view employers, positions, and availability of recruiters to communicate with.
- Professional Network: Students can build or enhance their professional network with alumni, mentors and peers through the platform.
- Career Outcomes: Faculty can view student and employer engagement to help shape future career fairs.
- Faculty Engagement: Faculty can mentor students, refer jobs and refer employers.
Visit the ITS website to learn more about available services.
OCAS EDI to XML Conversion
The Mohawk College Information Technology Services Department is pleased to announce the implementation and release of the OCAS EDI to XML Conversion software service for the Registrar’s Office.
The OCAS EDI to XML Conversion platform facilitates the exchange of student transcripts and student data between Mohawk College and the Ontario College Application Service (OCAS). The EDI to XML conversion process involves the mapping of data elements and converting data between formats allowing for student transcripts to be shared with other colleges across Ontario.
Features and Benefits:
- Reduces data interpretation errors
- Enables and supports automated transfer of data
- Enables a consistent and repeatable approach to transfer data
- Reduces manual administrative overhead
- Conforms to newer technology standards
Visit the ITS website to learn more about available services, resources, and submit or review ticket status on the IT Self-Service Portal.